Monday, December 2, 2013

Polo GTi





I manage to get a quick spin with the polo gti today after the VW called me up. A bit excited, i even drag my lunch partner along for the test drive - as the sales told me that the car will only be in the Juru VW for 1 hours. True enough when i arrive, the car was already all lined up and first test drive bout to take off. The test model was actually a two door - the interior was with Tartan seat, sunroof, denver wheel (he told me detroit will be the actual one and not denver ver.) - black in color. It looked tiny though .. but that wasnt the main point for me.

It is the drive that i care about, so we were forced to wait for around 10 minutes until it was our turn. A quick talk with the Sales explained that all 3 cars allocated for this year had been all booked. The rest will have to wait for next year. After a brief chit chat, it came back and we hop in. As this is a 2 door model, i had to squeeze my 2 colleagues into the car. They are around 57" and 510" hence i can tell that they are not really comfortable at the back.

I pop in, slowly navigate out ... first check .. the inconsistent gear change at low speed we always heard bout ... nope. I dun feel any of those ... probably my own pug was even clunkier hence i did not detect anything there. Then after the slo mo out of the narrow streets, i hit the main road and mash it down. To be honest I was caught off guard by the torque steer .. with 4 person inside, it will be around 1.4 ton as a whole and i was not expecting any torque steer ... the engine sound grumpy too when stretch .. and before i reach the next bend, it was already 140. My balls kinda shrink a bit as I hit 140 as I was used to the lumbering heavy Pug which does not have the agility nor the pickup .. and I was slowing down. Ironically i made a u-turn in front of my own company and head back to VW .. over bumps and so forth the car feels well damped .. although firm. It has a no nonesense feel to it. It feels diff from the Golf TSI .. much more lighter and agile, delivery is punchier and some evident torque steer upon acceleration to be get used to.

Steering is fat and small, a lot of buttons which i dun really care ... With the kind of power and agility . you can really weave in and out like nutcase on the road ... wakaka ...

Anyhow .. that is all i had from the short run ... no verdict here .. im no auto journalist ...but just testing out to fulfill my curiosity! As we walked to the Pug, one of my colleague says this "Your pug looks nicer than the car we tested" ...and my response was "that car was not about the look".


No comments:

Post a Comment