Monday, November 18, 2013

G Oil In my Hyundai Accent


For those of you new to the blog Im a big proponent of bio-based fuels and lubricants. In my previous car I used 5w-30 G-Oil to great success, but I couldnt find the 5W-20 weight of this bio-based motor oil until now. Thanks to Revolution Bio-Based Lubricant LLC I was able to purchase the proper weight of oil for my 2012 Hyundai Accent.

Products like these are very important to me. They allow me to cut out at least a portion of my petroleum usage and replace it with a renewable product that is american made. This product used natural base stocks taken from unused animal fats and mixed with a non-petroleum synthetic additive package. I drive a lot and use more oil than the average driver. This is one way I decrease my usage of petroleum.

G-Oil offers four types of motor oil a U.S. sources conventional motor oil, a synthetic blend, a full traditional synthetic and a bio based full synthetic. The top of the line bio-based synthetic goes for $28.10 for a 5.1 quart jug.

Another awesome feature about G-Oil is that is it non-toxic and biodegradable. This means I dont have to worry as much about it touching my skin or feel as bad when I accidently spill some during an oil change. Since I am a do-it-yourselfer and  I dont want to constantly handle a carcinogenic substance all the time. Especially when I will probably do hundreds of oil changes in my life.

Finally the oil is API SN, SM and SL certified as well as holding an ILSAC GF-5 certification. What does this mean for someone who doesnt know what these standards mean? Most cars require an API certified motor oil. Use of non-certified oils might put your cars warranty at risk. Luckily for consumers like me who are still in warranty this oil has that certification. The engine oil is tested to the same standards as current generation petroleum and synthetic motor oil.

This certainly isnt an advertisement for this product. For someone like me who is looking to reduce his petroleum dependence this is an awesome product. If youre worried that this could harm your engine or will void your warranty then simply dont use it. I will also do my best to have this oil analyzed to make sure everything is working correctly with my engine. I certainly understand the trepidation felt by many car owners to use a product such as this. If you have any questions about the product leave a comment below and I will do my best to track down the answers.


Thanks again to Tyson Steffans at Revolution Bi-Based Lubricants for helping me get my hands on some of this awesome product.



No comments:

Post a Comment